YME/ MX and Beautillion Interest Application
2016-2017 School Year Only
***NOTE WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR FOR THE 2015-2016 SCHOOL YEAR. THE DEADLINE WAS March 31, 2015. IF YOU COMPLETE AN APPLICATION NOW, IT FOR THE 2016-2017 SCHOOL YEAR. NO EXCEPTIONS.****
***ALL APPLICATIONS ARE FOR THE 2016-2017 SCHOOL YEAR.***
The DeKalb Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. supports the development of our young men to become successful and contributing members to their families and community. Our programs help guide young men on a path towards college.
This Interest Application is for the NEXT school year, not the current one for our Young Men of Excellence (4th-8th grades) and Men of Excellence (9th-12th grades) programs.
Mentees in the 12th grade must participate in our scholarship Beautillion program.
We accept applications throughout the year. New members are not accepted once the school year has started. Acceptance will be based on space availability, match criteria, need and summer interview.
Both programs are GROUP mentoring programs, not a 1-on-1 program.
• A student in the South DeKalb area for the NEXT school year (4th-10th grades) or surrounding counties (11th -12th grades)
• Excellent to moderate academic performance (High school students should have a GPA of 2.5 or higher. If he doesn't have a 2.5, he may apply for consideration. Children with special needs may be exempt from the GPA criteria.)
• A need for a positive role model
• Parent can ensure and provide safe transportation of their child to mentoring events (Mentors do not provide transportation in the personal vehicles)
• Youth can participate in group mentoring sessions:
• 4th-12th Grades: Saturdays in the mornings (1-2 times per month) at Redan High School
• All Grades: Saturday volunteer service, field trips and special events
• The sons of Board Members of The Charles H. Wesley Educational Foundation are ineligible for the Beautillion program
If you are interested in having more than one child take part in the YME Program, a separate form must be submitted for each child.